A plea

 A plea

Please leave my skin and soul

I beg to die by will and edge

as Romeo yearned in inebriating demise

if I should die, it should be by y’r hand

for death is charity in flush disguise

 

Please leave my thoughts and wine

may oblivion be merciful as sweet death

for life and death is one and the same

in love that exists in longing words

and mournful poems never engraved

 

Please leave my dear, I promise

to forget my tongue and spoken words

to compel my pen to stray awry  

to chain the will from begging for grace

to long from afar your thought hereby

 

and if I must ever speak again

I hope for the sudden loss of word

a syncope of the soul, the only tragedy of men  

 

you’ll be free from me, the ink, and more

if my words reach you not, whom I love and adore

Comentarios

Entradas populares